Knowledgeable West Haven Lawyers Advise Business Owners
Experienced counselors assist Connecticut companies with business agreements and conflicts
Owning and operating a business can be a great source of pride, but also a significant source of frustration. The lawyers at Umeugo & Associates, P.C. in West Haven help business owners across Connecticut to establish and maintain legally sound entities. In practice since 1994, our firm supports entrepreneurs, corporations and small-businesses through a wide range of legal challenges, taking swift action to resolve conflicts when they arise. Our attorneys are informed and experienced in the legal matters surrounding contracts, liability, taxation and more, so you can count on advice that understands your bottom line.
Dedicated counselors provide guidance on business formation and contracts
We guide clients through the challenges that come with being business owners. Our office handles:
- Business formation — The type of Connecticut entity you choose to create will determine how liability and tax responsibilities are split between you and your business. We help create and register sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs) and limited liability partnerships (LLPs).
- Buy-sell agreements — If your business will be engaging with other businesses to buy or sell products or services, having a strong agreement for the terms of your transactions can help protect your interests and avoid future conflicts. We advise business owners on how to forge solid agreements.
- Contract development and review — Contracts should not be entered into without the advisement of a legal professional. Our attorneys draft solid contracts for clients and can recognize potential weaknesses and loopholes in agreements drafted by others.
We welcome our clients’ questions on tax status, bylaws, licensing and all other aspects of business ownership.
Accomplished firm represents businesses in contract disputes and litigation
Unresolved conflicts can bring your business operations to a halt. We help our clients overcome issues related to:
- Breach of contract — Whether your business was wronged by a contractor, business or other party who failed to deliver on their end of a deal, or you are accused of breaching the terms of a contract, we can fight for a fair outcome to your case.
- Civil litigation — We defend our clients in civil suits and also bring litigation on their behalf. Our attorneys are skilled settlement negotiators and strive to have claims against your business dropped when they are invalid.
- Commercial litigation — Conflicts between two businesses can become complicated. As determined advocates for your cause, we will work with opposing counsel in search of a solution that satisfies both parties.
We aim to resolve disputes in a way that minimizes their impact on your personal life and on the prospects of your business.
Contact our West Haven office for a free consultation on business law
The lawyers at Umeugo & Associates, P.C. are able to provide confident counsel on a wide range of business law issues. Call our West Haven, Connecticut office at 203-931-2680 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.